At this point, I know to expect every workout that Halle Berry shares on Instagram to be challenging — that’s why I love them. Out of all the workouts she shares, my favorite are her ab workouts because they always incorporate unique moves and they’re so hard.
I tried her most recent five-move ab workout, and it lived up to my expectations. After doing the first exercise, the crescent moon hand walk with a push-up, I thought to myself, “Damn, she’s trying to kill us.”
What I really liked about this workout was that all the moves are about stability, which in my opinion makes them that much harder. Core stability is important because it helps protect your spine, can reduce back pain, improves movement patterns you do every day, and improves your balance, stability, and posture.
Forewarning: these exercises are advanced, but I’ve included modifications you can do that will equally challenge your core stability and strength. If you’re ready to give Halle’s workout a shot — and be left with trembling abs — continue reading.
Halle Berry’s 5-Move Core Stability Workout
- Crescent moon hand walk with a push-up: three to five reps
- Foam roller palm roll-out: perform for 30 to 60 seconds
- Foam roller knife hand roll-out: perform for 30 to 60 seconds
- Single-arm isolation plank: perform for 30 to 60 seconds
- Lateral crawl sandbag drag: complete five to 10 reps